Saturday, February 6, 2010

4th Post: Febuary 7, 2010

More Podcasts
I watched the Benefits for Podcasting in the Classroom video and I really enjoyed the video. It discussed the advantages of allowing podcast and vodcast in the classroom. The video gave a great example about podcast. It showed a student being sick and not being able to go to school. She knew she was going to be missing the review for an upcoming test and she was a little sad, but she remembered that the teacher always posted study guide podcast for the test so she wouldn't be missing the review after all. I thought that was a great idea. Students wont have to worry about missing class if they have a teacher who posts class work on their class website.

It also showed students working on a podcasts for one of their lessons. The students, teacher, and principal gave their opinions on the podcast and they all seemed to like the idea. The students especially seemed very happy about this new way of learning. They were excited about learning. I would like to use this way of learning with my students. I will be in the special education k-6 field and I would like to be able to make my job easier since I hear that the special education teachers have a lot of work to prepare for their students. I not only want to make my job easier, but make learning for special needs children easier for them because it will be about their way of learning. I have wondered if there are any special ed. teachers out there who use podcast or vodcast in their classroom. If not then I will work on that for my students
.


Comments4Kids
I commented on Mr. McClung's Resistance about electrical currents. I'm really happy that we are given the opportunity to respond to the younger generation blog posts. We get to see everything that they are learning and to be honest it seems like a lot of fun just by looking at the video. Not only does the students in the classroom get to learn, but others also who may not have the opportunity to learn the same way as those students. Some students may still be learning just from textbooks and may not comprehend any of what they are learning so having these videos can help others to understand what they should be learning from their own teachers.

2 comments:

  1. Podcast lessons and study guides are a great way to use this technology. Using this technology in k-6 special ed sounds like an amazing way to help teach those with special needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the fact that students who have to miss school can still access their class podcasts so that they do not really miss out. This gives students an equal opportunity if they have internet access at home, which most children in this era do. I also love commenting on blogs of children because we get to see how they are advancing with technology and what we're up against! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete