Sunday, March 28, 2010

10 Post: March 28, 2010

Morgan Bayda: An open letter to educators (Link to Morgan Bayda's Post)
I really enjoyed reading Morgan Bayda post and watching Dan Brown's video. Though, I have never thought about dropping out of school, I thought this post and the video can be used as an example of how lots of college students may feel. Having to go to an hour or so lecture class and look at a powerpoint and professor discuss whats in a book is kind of a dread. Throughout my college career I have had a high percentage of professors actually take the time out to learn their students name and a little about their about their students and a few professors not care who they were teaching let alone the names of their students.

I get my textbooks through financial aid, but I would rather be able to get that money back in refund and spend it on school materials that I'm actually going to need and use in that semester. Having to buy a $100 textbook and its not even used in the class is crazy. I'm happy EDM 310 does not require a textbook for this class because they know it would be a waste of money for this hybrid course. Everything tool that we need for this course can be found on the Internet.

When I become a teacher I would like to try technology in my class and maybe have a class blog for the students and parents to look at for that students progress throughout that year. I know that many of my students will have to be taught differently and just using pencil and paper is not going to work. I will be working in a special education setting and want to be able to broaden their horizons and show them the different technological tools out their that is available for them. I want to be able to make a way for all of the documents that special education have to keep up with an easier job for those type of teachers.

Comments4Kids


This week I commented on the kids in Room 6 at St. Pius X school. Two students had been learning French and were using what they had learned in their video. The video showed the students having a conversation. They greeted and counted in French to one another. I thought it was a great video. I don't know much to any French, but I remember some Spanish that I had learned, so it sounded somewhat similar when I heard the students speaking in French. The video also used title captions and showed the French language in the English language.

Comments4classmates

This week I was assigned to Leigh Ankersen (Class A) and Steven Diamond (Class D) to comment on their March 12th blog post. Leigh's blog is up to date and I was able to leave her a comment, but Steven Diamond hasn't been posting at all to his blog so I was unable to leave him a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment