Sunday, March 28, 2010

Comments4Teachers week 10 and 12

For the 2nd part of teacher comments I was assigned to Dorothy Burt's - Manaiakalani blog.

1st comment: March 28, 2010

Aviary added to Google Apps for Education (Click on Title to access this blog post)


Hi,

My name is Katherine and I'm a student at the University of South Alabama. For the next three weeks I have been assigned to your blog to comment on your post. If you would like to visit my blog you may do so at perkinskatherineedm310.blogspot.com. I enjoyed reading your post on aviary, I had never heard of aviary before and it seems to be a great tool for education. I enjoy using powerpoint for presentations and will most likely enjoy using this new app for powerpoints. I'm looking forward to reading all about the things happening in your classroom and educational tools you find on the internet.

Thank you,

Katherine P.

March 29, 2010
Parents engaging in Children's work (Click on Title to access this post)


Mrs. Burt,

I really enjoyed reading this post. That is great that the parents are becoming so involved in their child's work. Honestly, I have to agree with the student who stated that they love to write since they have an audience. I too have felt that way when I have to present or now that I'm blogging. I don't wont my work to be sloppy and have major grammar when others beside the teacher reads it. I do feel more motivated when others read my work. I think that's a great idea to have use facebook as a way the students and their parents can check their school work online.

-Katherine (EDM 310 student)

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Katherine
    I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to read my blog posts and give me feedback. I like the way you developed what I had written about students and applied it to adults writing. I have to say that I agree with you; that I take much more care with my writing now that I know that a few people read it. In fact, I have a number of posts in draft, but I am recrafting them before I hit publish because I want to be sure they truly express what I am trying to say.
    Imagine what our kids will be like when they are adults - they started their public writing careers at 5 years of age (as you have seen with David) and they know it has to be the best they can do!!
    Look forward to reading more of your writing
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete