Wednesday, March 10, 2010

9th post: March 12, 2010

Have a Safe and Fun Spring Break!!

Alabama Learning Exchange(ALEX) (Click on the title and it will take you to the website)
This website seems like a great source for teachers and I'm happy to have been able to find out about this website. When I first arrived to the ALEX website there were many links available of different materials that teachers need and could use in the classroom. The links that are available through this site are Courses of Study, Web Links, Lesson Plans, Search, Personal Workplace, Professional Learning, and also a Podcast Treasury. Since our class just finished up with podcast that link stood out to me. Under the Podcast Treasury there were different podcast topics that could be listened to. They even had a section for places in Alabama where you can listen to podcast about there history. I clicked on the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and it showed many podcast on different African American famous people. It was really neat.

For the web links tool, it has different links for students, teachers, and administrators. For the Lesson Plans section it has many different subjects and you can put in which subject(s) you want to have lesson plans on and you can also choose the grade level. What tool that I really enjoyed was the Professional Learning because it has a section for special education. It has a lot of information that I'm going to need. I will definitely keep ALEX close by so that I can use it when I begin teaching. It will be of much help for me and other teachers.

Alabama Connecting Classroom Educators and Students Statewide
(Click on the title and it will take you to the website)

Another great and useful website for upcoming teachers. This website is more about technology in high schools. It has a section for students, educators and a section for parents is coming soon. I want use this site as much because it's built for high school students, but it seems like a good site to learn from. It doesn't have the different links for teachers and students like the ALEX site had, but it's still a good site for high school teachers.

The ACCESS site has a couple of different links for educators, courses, resources, students, and technical support. When I went to the sources section it showed a link for the Alabama High School Graduation Exam, an advanced placement link, test preps. I believe to look further into this website there has to be a username and password set up.

Comments4Kids
This week I was assigned a student named Emelia from New Zealand and she along with some of her other classmates did a short video. It was titled, "The Dramatic Moment." It was about a girl who couldn't find her pencil case and her classmates helped her find out, they didn't find it either so they sat and thought about where it could be. After a moment they all asked her if she had looked in her backpack and luckily when she did there was her pencil case. It was a great video and all of the students did a great job.

Comments4Classmates
I was assigned to post on Gregory Youngblood (Class A) and Keitra Crayton ( Class D), but neither of these students have posted for the week of March 1-7.

1 comment:

  1. I also think this website it great tool for teachers. It is also free which is very nice. I see myself utilizing this website when I begin teaching.

    Your post was very informative.

    ReplyDelete