Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 18th Post

My thoughts on an EDM 310 topic- Comments4Kids and Teachers!

I have enjoyed doing the blog post assignments because I have been learning a lot from this class. There isn't one EDM 310 topic that I could talk about without talking about others, but I will try to just focus on one topic. What I enjoyed most about EDM 310 was the Comments4Kids and Teachers. I enjoyed these two the most because I had never seen anything like it before. Before this class, I wasn't familiar without a lot of the technological materials and surely wasn't expecting to learn about it in this class. I thought I would just be learning more about Windows Office, but I was soo wrong. Being assigned to the Comments4Kids and Teachers was very rewarding. I got to see many young students artwork and class videos posted on their site. Seeing that really inspires me to create a class blog for my future students. Comments4Teachers was a great learning experience because I got the opportunity to read a lot of what teachers are feeling in the classroom and how they are teaching their students. Also a lot of the teachers blog that I was assigned to showed many other technological materials that they use in their classroom that I had never heard of before. Also what made me really enjoy Comments4Kids and Teachers was when I received feedback from the teacher/class blog I commented on. That was a great feeling. I got to experience how the children/teachers must have felt when they received comments from people across the world.

We only have about two weeks of classes left and when EDM 310 finally ends, I will still remember a lot of information I learned from this class than from what I learned in other classes. At the end of the day, I'm very happy this class was made a requirement because you do learn a lot. It's not your normal class, where the teacher lectures and you take test all the time. You get to really experience new things and you learn at the same time. Even though Comments4Kids and Teachers are coming to an end, I believe that I will still look online for class blogs in many other countries and continue commenting. You never know, maybe in the near future I will Skype from my classroom to another classroom in another country.

Comments4Classmates: Week 14

This week I was assigned to Rebecca Cowart (Class A) and Blaine Hayaski (Class D). Both Rebecca and Blaine posted their responses for the Week 13 blog assignment and I was able to leave them both a comment.

Comments4Kids: Week 14


Kingston at the Swimming Sports
(Click on the link to see the video of Kingston swim).
This week I commented on Room 14 from the Pt. England school. I got the chance to see a video of a little boy named Kingston swimming in a race and he WON the race. It was so exciting to see. The comment I left for Kingston is below. I can't believe this is my last post on Comments4Kids. I have really enjoyed reading younger students class assignments online. I'm going to miss commenting on students blog.

Hi Kingston,

My name is Katherine and I'm a college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed watching your video. You are a great swimmer. I wish I could swim like that. Congratulations on winning the race. Keep up the great work Kingston!

-Katherine

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post about your views on comments4kids and teachers. I agree that they are great ways to learn and meet new people.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete