Monday, April 26, 2010

May 2nd: Final Reflection Post

Wordle: EDM 310 Final Reflection Post
Wow! I can't believe the semester is close to coming to an end. I have really enjoyed EDM 310 and learning about all of the different technologies that I can use in my classroom. I'm looking forward to introducing some of the technologies that I have learned to my future students. Good Luck to all of the EDM 310 students.

1. blogs-I learned how to blog, add pictures and links to my blog. I'm wanting to continue blogging in the future and make a class blog for when I begin teaching.
wikis- I didn't learn this tool.
presentations - I didn't have to learn to use this because I use Powerpoint. I wont use Google presentations because I prefer to use Powerpoint.
Google Docs- I learned about creating presentations through Google Presentations and Google Forms.
Google spreadsheets- I didn't learn this tool, if it's like Excel then it will be no problem with me using the Google spreadsheets.
Picasa- I added this tool to my computer. I don't really care for it. It wasn't hard to learn because I have other programs similar to this. I don't really know if I will continue to use Picasa.
podcasts- I enjoyed creating a podcast. I would like to use this tool when I begin teaching so that I can record the assignments and activities that we learn in class.
videocasts- I didn't learn to use this tool, but I don't think this will be hard to learn.
YouTube - I new about this tool before the class, but I haven't actually added any videos to YouTube. I just enjoy watching other videos and my soaps.
movie making - I didn't use movie making
PLNs - I learned how to create a PLN.
Twitter- I was already using twitter before I entered the class. I enjoy being on twitter because I can see what my favorite celebs are doing. Since being in EDM 310 I have been able to add other teachers from the U.S. and surrounding countries.
other teachers and students outside of our region- I have been in skype sessions with other teachers from other countries. I have seen other skype sessions with other teachers and students from other countries.
comments4kids-I really enjoyed being able to comment on kids from other countries. It was nice to see their work displayed on their class blog.
comments4classmates-I somewhat enjoyed reading some of my classmates post.
comments4teachers- I enjoyed commenting on teachers blog because their post would be interesting and very informational. I gained so much from reading their blogs.
iTunes, iTunesU - I have heard of iTunes before this class, but not so much iTunes U.
Google forms- I enjoyed having Google Forms as an assignment. It was great learning how to create a survey and have others fill it out. I definitely want to continue using Google Forms to create other surveys.
Google Earth- I love learning about Google Earth. This was by far my favorite assignment. I can spend hours on GE.
Delicious-I have not learned to use Delicious yet.
ACCESS, ALEX- Both sites were very useful and gave a lot of information involving teaching. I will continue to use these sites after EDM 310.

also in the future. The tools that I learned are blogging, google forms(making a survey), I learned from different students and teachers from other countries, Wordle, ScreenJelly, Google Earth(My favorite), iTunesU, PLNs, podcast, and picassa. Some of the tools that I didn't list above are because I had already learned them before EDM 310.

2. I have tried to think of things that I would have liked to learn in this class, but since so much was introduced to me I don't believe there was anything else that I would have wanted to learn.

3. Hmmm... Are there things that I learned that I wish I would have not learned? Good Question. I felt that everything that I learned was beneficial in some way. I may have thought the assignment was ridiculous and irrelevant at that time, but now since I have completed all of my assignments I don't believe there was an assignment that I wished I would not have learned.

4. I would describe EDM 310 as useful and interesting. I wouldn't describe it as being exciting. I had fun learning though, but exciting would not be the word I would describe this class.

5. I think that since we mostly learned on our own in this class then it took a little time to get used too.

6. Boredom in EDM 310. Nooo wayyyy! (I'm not being sarcastic).

7. What I would change about EDM 310 is some of the assignments being added at the last . At times, when assignments had already been posted on the class blog then videos or something would be added to that weeks assignments. Although I made sure to look at the EDM Class Blog everyday, I didn't like seeing assignments being added to a particular weeks assignment. (I hope that makes sense).

8. I do consider myself to be technological literate. I'm GOOD with knowing about technology.

9. To continue building up my literacy with technology I will continue keeping my PLN and following the teachers in my PLN and through twitter. Once I begin teaching, I hope to start my own class blog and hopefully through the years be able to get a smartboard into my classroom to use. Also I will continue looking at the schools in other countries and see what their students and teachers are doing in the classroom to get some ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember - Google presentations is free and that might be very important to your students!

    I'm not much on wikis either.

    And you are one of the few members of the Google Earth fan club. In fact, you are the President of it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete