Thursday, April 15, 2010

Comments4Teachers week 13 and 14

Wordle: Comments4Teachers
For the next two weeks I have been assigned to John Sowash blog. He titled his blog as 'The Electric Educator.'

1st comment: April 9th

New Tool: Wiffiti (Click on the Title and it will take you to this post)

Hi Mr. Sowash,

My name is Katherine Perkins and I have been assigned to your blog for two weeks for my EDM 310 class. You may access the EDM class blog at http://edm310.blogspot.com/ and my blog at http://perkinskatherineedm310.blogspot.com/. I enjoyed reading your post on Wiffiti. I had never heard of Wiffiti before reading your post. I think I have seen it before during TV awards, but never knew what it was. It does seem like a fun tool to use in the classroom, but I agree that it could be possibly dangerous also. Also if it was used in the classroom wouldn't this tool cause students to stop
verbally communicating with the teacher? If used for a certain amount of time during discussions or as a way to send homework questions would be okay, but maybe not as everyday use. Students still need to have a way to verbally communicate if they need help on a question. Thanks again for posting on Wiffiti and I'm looking forward to reading your next post!

2nd Comment: April 15, 2010



This week Mr. Sowash discussed Google proofing questions. He wanted to know ideas and suggestions on, "How do you write a Google Proofing Question?" I tried to answer the question the best that I could.

Below is my comment to Mr. Sowash.

Hi again Mr. Sowash,

My name is Katherine Perkins and I enjoyed reading your post. This is a great question that you have brought to your readers mind. "How do you write a Google Proof Question?" Prior to EDM 310, I hardly used Google as a search, but I'm using it more than before. I'm more of a Yahoo person and this question could be applied to Yahoo as well. When I research a topic, I don't write full sentences because I know that every single word will be added into the search. I try to go with the main topic I'm research, for example, Echolalia or Echolalia symptoms. If I put in a full sentence the search would bring up a lot of irrelevant pages. I have done the same method using Ask Jeeves.

I don't know if my response helps, but that's something I do. I would also like to see what other ideas your readers come up with. So I hope you receive some great feedback and I will check back to read other comments.

I have enjoyed reading your blog these two weeks and I look forward to reading more. Keep up the great work Mr. Sowash!

Also thank you for providing feedback about Wiffiti.

-Katherine

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments on my blog! I though I would return the favor.

    Let me share a tool with you that I've found very useful, it's called a Google Alert. You simply specify a search query that you are interested in following. You can set the alert to send you an email or follow it via an RSS feed. I have an alert set up for my name. When you put "Mr. Sowash" in your blog post, Google found it and sent me an email with a link to your blog. I've found alerts to be extremely helpful in finding people who have commented on my blog, ideas, or media content that I've posted. As a future teacher I would recommend that you do the same. You might be amazed at what show up!

    You can setup your alerts here: http://www.google.com/alerts

    ReplyDelete